Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

bvohl
on 9/18/11 7:56 am

Here is the recipe you have all been waiting for....

ingredients
crust
one box of fifty 50 chocolate cookies(not sandwich cookies)
3 tablespoons( or more if needed) of margarine or spread of choice
put cookies in food processor and chop to a course consistency not too fine and not too chunky!! Then melt margarine on a low heat and stir into cookie powder until all margarine is soaked up. pour into an 8 x 8 pan and press with the back of a spoon, put in freezer to set while doing other parts of dessert.

topping(do this while you have the food processor out anyway)
2 1/2 fifty/50 chocolate bars- use a shredding blade to chop chocolate. Do this slowly as chocolate melts easily. It should look like chocolate shavings. then put the shavings in the freezer as well so they can firm up.

filling
SF/FF jello instant pudding (recommended flavors are white chocolate or vanilla) 2 to 3 boxes
3 cups of very cold milk
1 jar of simply jif plus more if you want a more peanut butter flavor
follow instructions for pie filling NOT pudding!!!

milk first in mixer, then add pudding while mixing at low to medium speed. Once all pudding is incorporated raise mixing level to high and start scooping in peanut butter a couple of tablespoons at a time. Scrape sides as needed, taste test for pb flavor. Keep mixing on high for at least 2-3 minutes to incorporate as much air as possible.

Take crust out of freezer and scoop filling into pan then add topping and put it in the freezer overnight to set.

Yes it is a bit labor intensive but it took hubby many years to come up with this recipe and I think it is well worth the effort....all the dishes afterward, not so much!! LOL!!

Christine, I want to know how yours turns out!!

Love to all, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

sandy L.
on 9/18/11 3:00 pm - Altoona, PA
 This sounds yummy.  Thanks

Sara E.
on 9/19/11 10:24 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Hijack...Great new avitar Sandy.  looks like you were enjoying a curve game.  keep up the great work!

Sara

sandy L.
on 9/19/11 3:01 pm - Altoona, PA
 Thanks Sara, we did have a blast.  I was even comfortable in the seats.

Sara E.
on 9/20/11 5:02 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
It is a great feeling to fit in any seat/booth.  I can't wait to fly again....no extender for me ever again :)

Sara

Lisa H.
on 9/18/11 8:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
 OMG.. I will  NOT be making this.  Forget the work involved, I don't think I could step away from it.  Sounds sooooo good.. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views